Stress Urinary Incontinence Laser Treatment
IncontiLase® is a patent-pending, non-invasive Er:YAG laser therapy for the treatment of mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence, based on non-ablative photothermal stimulation of collagen neogenesis, shrinking and tightening of vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia, and subsequently greater support to the bladder.
The indications for IncontiLase therapy are mild and moderate stress- and mixed-urinary incontinence (SUI). Preliminary clinical studies show that it is an efficient, easy-to-perform and safe procedure.
Abstracts of published scientific studies examining the effectiveness and safety of Fotona SMOOTH® laser therapy in gynecology can be found in the following Compendium of Clinical Studies.
How does IncontiLase® work?
- Fotona’s 2940 nm Er:YAG non-ablative laser with proprietary “Smooth-mode” technology thermally affects the vaginal tissue, stimulating collagen remodeling and the synthesis of new collagen fibers in the region of the vestibule and urethral orifice, as well as in the area along the anterior vaginal wall.
- The final result of collagen neogenesis is the shrinking and tightening of vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia and subsequently greater support to the bladder and the return of normal continence function.
Unique advantages of IncontiLase® for your patients
A major advantage of IncontiLase is that the procedure is incisionless and virtually painless, with no ablation, cutting, bleeding, or sutures. Recovery is extremely quick without need for the use of analgesics or antibiotics.
Usually two sessions are recommended to alleviate mild or even moderate stress urinary incontinence. No special pre-op preparation or post-op precautions are necessary. Patients can immediately return to their normal everyday activities.
Studies confirm that IncontiLase is an effective, safe and comfortable treatment option for symptom relief in patients with mild and moderate SUI.
Exceptional clinical results
Scientific results from clinical studies (see the Library tab) show excellent improvement for mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence.
- Almost 70% of patients are dry after 120 days.
- 120 days after IncontiLase treatment 94% of patients reported improvement and 68% of all patients claimed to be free of SUI symptoms.
- Improvement of SUI in all measured parameters.
- No adverse events noted in any of the studies.
Getting started with IncontiLase®
Training in IncontiLase will be provided through the Laser and Health Academy* as a stand-alone training workshop under the guidance of experts in medical laser technology. The extensive workshop, where participants engage in live demonstrations and gain an in-depth understanding of laser physics and laser-tissue interaction, will provide the needed insights into the fundamentals of the IncontiLase treatment and other procedures that can be performed with this special Er:YAG laser system.
IncontiLase® and other clinical gynecology treatments can be performed with the following Fotona laser systems:
- The FotonaSmooth SP multi-application laser system from Fotona provides a single, uniquely capable gynecology solution that combines the power of the industry's highest performance Er:YAG, Nd:YAG and QCW* Nd:YAG lasers, ideal for treating all gynecological applications plus a wide range of other treatments in aesthetics, dermatology, and surgery.
- The FotonaSmooth XS Er:YAG laser offers the power and precision to perform an impressive range of non-contact, non-invasive gynecological procedures with greater patient comfort, reduced downtime and quicker healing. In addition to gynecology treatments, the FotonaSmooth XS is also a powerful skin rejuvenation solution, with functions ranging from superficial to deep peels, from non-ablative to fully ablative and from full-field to fractional resurfacing.
The FotonaSmooth XS and SP systems are both equipped with a high performance VSP Er:YAG laser that ablates tissue efficiently and can be accurately tuned to varying “cold” ablation and non-ablative thermal ratios. Full customizability allows you to precisely attain the clinical outcomes your patients require.
The complementary Nd:YAG laser on FotonaSmooth SP lasers penetrates deeply to create thermal effects without damaging the skin surface. Compared to conventional Nd:YAG technologies, Fotona’s proprietary VSP (Variable Square Pulse) technology creates virtually instantaneous temperature increases that are limited to the targeted structures only. No unnecessary energy is deposited into the tissue.
Handpieces & Accessories
Fotona's specially designed, innovative handpiece technology allows safe, precisely controlled and effective delivery of laser pulses to the treatment area. More information about handpieces and other accessories is available on the above product pages.