Ultra Performance Q-Switched Laser System
StarWalker® MaQX and its proprietary ASP technology offer a wide range of technical advancements:
- High powered picosecond pulses in nanosecond packets, for the best of nano and pico. This breakthrough increases instantaneous power and overall energy, resulting in more control and new applications.
- An unprecedented 10 Joules of Q-Switched energy in one MaQX pulse, enables larger spot sizes and faster treatments
- Patented FracTAT™ procedure combines resurfacing with tattoo removal, creating chimneys to release gases and pressure enhancing photoacoustic results, for faster and fewer treatments
- FRAC3 1064nm mode for skin rejuvenation and removal of thin hair
- VERSA3 1064nm long pulse mode for hair removal, wrinkle reduction
- Exclusive VERDE 532 mode designed to specifically treat vascular lesions greatly expanding StarWalker applications as compared to other industry “tattoo lasers”
VERDE, FRAC3 and VERSA3 modes can produce clinical benefits including procedures requiring fewer treatments, safe and friendly on all skin types, maximum versatility and is the first Nd:YAG Q-Switch ASP™ laser. The system can be a part of your practice for many years, backed by Fotona world wide, and takes the Fotona “Ultra Performance “, to the next level. The StarWalker® offers the best of both worlds, with the unique combination of high peak power picosecond micro pulses within an overall nanosecond high energy macropulse. Based on Fotona ASP technology, StarWalker is capable of delivering an impressive 10 J of Q-switched energy in one industry first, structured MaQX pulse. The unique MaQX high energy capability of StarWalker enables the generation of a higher energy photoacoustic effect at the treatment site, which, when properly used, can lead to more effective and faster treatments. A big advantage of high MaQX energies is larger spot sizes which can be used for more homogeneous treatments of even deeper lying skin pigments, and therefore may reduce the risk of unwanted side effects.
1064 nm Wavelength in Q-Switched Mode:
- Removal of dark (black, blue, brown) tattoo ink
- Treatment of nevus of ota
- Treatment of common nevi
- Removal and lightening of unwanted hair
- Skin resurfacing procedures for the treatment of acne scars and wrinkles
1064 nm Wavelength in Long Pulse Mode:
- Removal of unwanted hair, for stable long term or permanent hair reduction and for treatment of PFB. The laser is indicated for all skin types, Fitzpatrick I-VI, including tanned skin
- Photocoagulation and hemostasis of benign pigmented and benign vascular lesions, such as, but not limited to:
- port wine stains
- venus lake
- leg veins
- spider veins
- Coagulation and hemostasis of soft tissue
- Treatment of wrinkles
- Treatment of mild to moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris
532 nm Wavelength in Q-Switched Mode (nominal delivered energy of 585 nm and 650 nm with the optional 585 nm and 650 nm dye converter handpieces):
- Red, tan, purple and orange tattoo ink removal
- Treatment of benign pigmented lesions including, but not limited to:
- cafe-au-lait birthmarks
- solar lentigines
- senile lentigines
- Becker's nevi
- common nevi
- nevus spilus
- Treatment of benign vascular lesion including, but not limited to:
- port wine birthmarks
- spider angioma
- cherry angioma
- spider nevi
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Treatment of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Skin resurfacing procedures for the treatment of acne scars and wrinkles
- Sky blue (light) tattoo ink removal
- Green tattoo ink removal
532 nm Wavelength in Long Pulse Mode:
- The treatment (hemostasis, color lightening, blanching, flattening, reduction of lesion size) of the benign vascular lesions (Angiomas, Hemangiomas, Telangiectasia)
Two Models to Choose From:
- StarWalker® MaQX is the most advanced and highest performance StarWalker model.
- StarWalker® QX is Fotona's standard high performance Q-Switched StarWalker model.
Combining four complementary wavelengths and 14 laser modalities, the StarWalker functions as a highly versatile, multipurpose system that performs a wide range of applications in aesthetics. StarWalker’s energy, four colors and proprietary FracTAT™ procedure also make StarWalker an industry leading tattoo removal laser system.
Since its introduction, Fotona’s QX MAX has been globally recognized as an ultraperformance Q-switched laser system. The StarWalker represents the next important evolutionary step forward and takes the system to an even higher level.
StarWalker’s third-generation technology combines the unsurpassed range of pulse duration modes of Fotona’s VSP (Variable Square Pulse) technology with the revolutionary capability of ASP™ to adapt the temporal structure of laser pulses to the biophotonic dynamics of laser-tissue interaction. StarWalker is capable of delivering up to an unprecedented 10 J of Q-switched energy in one giant structured MaQX pulse for treating epidermal and dermal pigmented lesions, and includes long-pulse infrared VERSA3 and green VERDE™ modes for enhanced vascular treatments.
Power of a pico Laser with an Energy of a Q-Switched Laser
StarWalker’s unique TMD (Transverse Mode Discrimination) laser oscillator technology combined with the ASP pulse control delivers very short (5 nsec) Q-switched pulses consisting of a high energy train of ultra-short bursts of energy in trillionths of a second, enabling photomechanical impact to shatter tiny skin targets without injury to the surrounding skin. StarWalker’s technology thus combines the high energy capabilities of nanosecond lasers with the ultrashort pulse peak powers of traditional picosecond lasers.
- Third-generation ASP technology for ultimate precision, efficacy and safety of treatments
- Widest range of procedure modes, including unique MaQX, VERDE, FRAC3 and VERSA3 modes for pigment, vascular and collagen treatments
- Impressive line of advanced smart control handpieces
- Intuitive, easy-to-use parameter selection
- Minimally invasive, safe treatments with little downtime
- Great patient comfort and satisfaction
- Easy to use, intuitive interface puts an entire range of applications at your finger tips
- Responsive parameter control
- User-friendly application wizards for recommended parameters
- Fully customizable memory storage for pre-set treatments
- Procedure log keeps track of all procedures for quick recall of past treatment parameters by calendar date
- Control Panel tracks all procedure statistics during treatments
Ultimate safety with Q-Switched treatments
Patient safety and comfort with ultra-performance MaQX mode treatments are further enhanced by the StarWalker’s unique capability that allows the user to select the softness level (MaQX-1, MaQX-2, MaQX-5 or MaQX-10) of the treatment.
When a higher softness level is selected, the StarWalker’s ASP technology ensures that the generated acoustic energy is released at an acceptable acoustic power, resulting in a “softer” and less invasive effect on the tissue.
Full-beam and partial handpieces
The StarWalker’s full beam and partial handpiece technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of treatments.
Partial handpieces harness the powerful photomechanical effect of the StarWalker into partial areas. These areas contain concentrations of energy while the surrounding area remains unaffected by the laser light.
Longer System Lifetime: Almost 100% flashlamp pulse utilization
Most standard Q-switched laser systems can only achieve stable output during laser beam operation by ensuring that their flashlamps are pulsed internally at a constantly high repetition rate, even when the operator selects a single-pulse or low repetition rate mode. As a result the laser system and especially the flashlamp, one of the most important components, can burn out prematurely due to overuse. This is not the case with the StarWalker’s patented Vacuum Cell & OPTOflex technology, where the laser flashlamp is activated only when actual laser output is required. A much lower burden on the laser system is imposed, resulting in a longer flashlamp lifetime and lower costs of laser system maintenance.
Patented solutions for a homogenous beam profile
Homogeneity of a laser beam profile ensures safety during treatment since laser energy is evenly distributed across the treated area. Epidermal damage is minimized and the risks of bleeding, tissue splatter and transient textural changes in the skin are decreased. Achieving homogeneous beam profiles has been a great challenge for the laser industry due to the nonlinearity of Q-switched lasers.
Fotona’s StarWalker advanced Q-switched laser technology relies on groundbreaking solutions such as patented OPTOflex® and Vacuum Cell Technologies to produce almost perfectly homogeneous beam profiles.
The OPTOflex® articulated arm is specifically designed to efficiently transmit the laser beam without losing energy or changing the beam’s original properties.
The shape and magnitude of the aiming beam enhances visibility, allowing for easier, faster treatments and greater precision. OPTOflex® is light, compact and folds back to decrease system height.
With laser quality benefits unlike any other beam delivery system, OPTOflex® is definitive of the next generation in laser delivery systems for high-power lasers.