Fotona’s Q-switched Laser Shining Bright at ASLMS 2012

26 April 2012

The QX MAX is the highest single-pulse energy Q-switched Nd:YAG laser on the market. The laser offers four wavelengths in one single system with a full range of pulse durations. The selection of wavelengths provides the ability to treat a plethora of pigmented and vascular lesion, remove the most complex, multi-colored tattoos, and provide minimally invasive skin rejuvenation and other skin treatments. Supporting OPTOflex Technology increases precision and safety. OPTOflex generates absolute uniform beam profiles, avoiding the unnecessary skin damage common in standard Q-switched technology treatments. Fotona's new R-HX handpiece further increases treatment efficacy by producing a completely flat laser beam profile that is hexagonal in shape to allow for more precise and uniform coverage, making this the most reliable Q-switched laser on the market.

Fotona's Q-switched laser can be considered as a safe and effective solution to treat xanthelasma palpebrarum when photoacoustic ablative parameters are used. A study presented by Dr. Leonardo Marini from The Skin Doctors Center, Italy on "1064 nm Q-switched Photoacoustic Laser Ablation of Xantelasma Palpebrarum" assessed the safety and efficacy of a single session of 1064 nm Q-switched Nd:YAG photo-acoustic laser ablation on xanthelasmas, using Fotona's QX MAX laser system. Treatments were preformed under local anesthesia and were well tolerated by all patients. Clinical results were assessed using a 5-point scale (No improvement (1) to Excellent (5)) by two independent observers and by the patients' self-assessment. Results of blind evaluation of the two independent observers were rated good (4) for 30% of lesions and excellent (5) for the remaining 70% of lesions with an excellent interrated reliability (~ 90%). Patients' assessment was good (50%) and excellent (50%).

Another new study shows that superlong pulse 1064 nm laser can be considered as a safe and effective solution to hormetically bio-stimulate skin affected by early chrono- and photo-aging. At ASLMS 2012 Dr. Marini also presented this study entitled "1064 nm Superlong Pulse Laser Photothermal Hormetic Skin Rejuvenation". Patients received six Nd:YAG superlong pulse laser treatments, using Fotona's PIANO modality with the SP Dynamis system at 1 week intervals on 3 anatomical areas, applying single, double and triple passes respectively. Overall textural improvement on double- and triple-pass sites were rated moderate (70%) to good (30%). Patient satisfaction was moderate (75%) to good (25%) on double and triple pass sites, and 90% of subjects confirmed their willingness to repeat the procedure.

For a list of future congresses and exhibitions where Fotona will be featuring its products, be sure to check our events calendar.