SSP and SWEEPS® Endodontic Laser Treatment
Fotona’s SSP and SWEEPS® endodontic laser treatment successfully addresses a major disadvantage of classical chemo-mechanical treatment procedures: the inability to completely clean, debride and disinfect anatomically complex root canal systems.
Fast, Effective and Minimally Invasive Treatments with Two Complementary Laser Technologies
- The SSP (Super Short Pulse) irrigation (also known as Photon Induced Photo-acoustic Streaming) uses the Er:YAG laser to create non-thermal photoacoustic waves within the cleaning and debriding solutions introduced in the canal. Following this photoacoustic treatment, the canals and sub canals are left clean, and the dentinal tubules are free of a smear layer.
- The latest SWEEPS® (Shock Wave Enhanced Emission Photo-acoustic Streaming) Er:YAG laser modality additionally improves the irrigation and disinfecting efficacy of laser endodontics. By using synchronized pairs of ultra-short pulses, an accelerated collapse of laser-induced bubbles is achieved, leading to enhanced shockwave emission even inside the narrowest root canals.
LightWalker® – a uniquely capable system offering the power of the industry's highest performance Er:YAG and Nd:YAG dental lasers for expanded dual-wavelength treatment options, including the proprietary TwinLight® Endodontic and Periodontal Treatments. The top-of-the-line LightWalker AT model features the ultimate in convenience and ergonomic comfort, and is the only dental laser system on the market that includes built-in scanner-ready technology.
SkyPulse® - a new generation of compact & portable Fotona dental lasers that can be tailored for each individual dental practice. The SkyPulse’s user-friendly, advanced & highly customizable interface provides unprecedented ease of use by enabling the selection of preset options with a simple touch, or the adjustment of treatment parameters with a single swipe. Advanced technology made simple.
Advantages of SSP and SWEEPS® Technologies
A major advantage of the SSP and SWEEPS® technologies lies in the easy positioning of the cavitation source (the laser emitting fiber-tip) in the pulp chamber, at a safe distance from the apical terminus. This position permits simultaneous irrigation in all of the endodontic geometry independently of the root canal anatomy and without the risk of apical extrusion. With SSP and SWEEPS® irrigation, the irrigant is delivered throughout the complete root canal system, including within the lateral canals and dentinal tubules.
New: Resonant R-SWEEPS®
• a patented solution for treatment procedure optimisation
• delivers the highest possible laser-activated irrigation efficacy
• significantly enhances the effective flushing action of SWEEPS®
• increases pressure generation along the root canal without increasing the risk of apical extrusion
The powerful combination of the revolutionary SSP and SWEEPS® technologies in Fotona dental lasers represents a unique and highly effective solution for modern endodontics. Available only with Fotona LightWalker® and SkyPulse®.
Fotona’s SSP and SWEEPS® Endodontic Treatment can be best performed with the following multi-wavelength laser systems: