Effective Endodontic Treatment
Photo Activated Systems Technology, or PHAST™, is the scientific foundation for the LightWalker Er:YAG and the basis for PIPS™ as well as other advanced clinical laser procedures.
What is PIPS™ (Photon Induced Photoacoustic Streaming) Laser Endo?
PIPS™ (new patent in technology and procedure) is a revolutionary method for chemically cleaning and debriding the root canal system using Er:YAG laser energy at sub-ablative power levels and is only available with the LightWalker Er:YAG laser.
How Does PIPS™ Laser Endo Work?
PIPS™ harnesses the power of the Er:YAG laser to create photoacoustic shock waves within the cleaning and debriding solutions introduced in the canal. The containment of the shockwaves thoroughly streams these solutions through the entire canal system, enhancing their effectiveness. The canals and subcanals are left clean and the dentinal tubules are free of smear layer. PIPS™ is equally effective for final water rinsing prior to obturation.
What Makes The LightWalker Laser Endo and PHAST™ ideal?
The LightWalker Er:YAG laser energy is uniquely suited for optimum performance of PIPS™ because:
- 1. Er:YAG laser energy has the highest absorption rate in water compared to other Erbium lasers.
- 2. The super short, 50 microsecond Square Pulse Technology available only on the LightWalker.
- 3. Lowest possible energy per pulse (millijoules) and repetition rate (hertz), eliminating thermal effects while maximizing the propagation of the Photo Hydro Acoustic shock waves.
- 4. Sub-ablative power levels reduces the risks of ledging and demineralization.
- 5. Proprietary, optical photo-efficient laser endo tips.
The LightWalker Er:YAG endodontic laser treatment goes beyond just cleaning the primary canals; it can also three-dimensionally remove the smear layer and debride in and around the lateral canals.
More information about handpieces and other accessories is available on the LightWalker product page.