- Study compares ablation performance between Er:YAG and Er,Cr:YSGG14 March 2008A recent study, conducted by the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ljubljana, describes and proves a new, highly accurate and repeatable methodology for measuring ablated volumes in teeth. The study setup put Fotona’s Fidelis III range Er:YAG laser head to head with Biolase’s Waterlase MD’s Er,Cr:YSGG. Comparisons of the ablation performance of laser dentistry’s two leading hard tissue lasers were made and results first presented at the 2nd SOLA-India conference in Bangalore (India).
- Novel 3D-Fractional treatment presented at IMCAS11 February 2008A novel treatment modality, utilizing an operating mode unique to Fotona laser systems, was introduced at this January’s International Masters Course on Aging Skin (IMCAS) in Paris.
This treatment modality, known as FRAC3, offers the practitioner the ability to realize fully-selective skin rejuvenation via FRAC3’s unique, three-dimensional, self-induced fractional effect.
- Pixel Screen Technology and FRAC3® successfully introduced at AAD11 February 2008Effective anti-aging treatment needs to encompass both resurfacing and rejuvenation of the skin, as well as treatment of other imperfections and pigmentation on and below the skin’s surface. In addition to this patients now prefer more-frequent, lighter treatments; in effect, keeping the signs of aging at bay.
In response to this Fotona demonstrated at the recent AAD conference in San Antonio, Texas how their Pixel Screen Technology (PST) and FRAC3® treatment modality can be combined to offer a full range of anti-aging treatments, which can all be fine tuned to balance the strength of the effect with the length of recovery times.
- Read all about it - Lasers in Dentistry!27 November 2007The recently published proceedings of the 1st International Workshop of Evidence-based Dentistry on Lasers in Dentistry provides a comprehensive reference for anyone involved with lasers in dentistry - whether they are a beginner or an expert.
- Faster, Stronger, More Treatments - the Fotona SP Plus16 November 2007The Fotona SP Plus is possibly the most versatile medical laser system available, satisfying applications in Aesthetics, Dermatology, Anti-Aging, Surgery and Gynecology.
- Fotona XD-2 - one great little dental laser system15 November 2007Dentists worldwide have been discovering why the Fotona XD-2 is the ideal solution for their first steps into the world of laser dentistry.
- Fidelis Plus III – The best dental laser system in the world just got better2 October 2006Following its successful introduction this autumn, the Fidelis Plus III, the latest dental laser system from Fotona, is now setting new standards in laser dentistry worldwide.
- A New Dental Partner for the UK2 October 2006This month’s London Dental Showcase heralds the first main event for Fotona and our most recent partner, Blueprint Dental. It will also mark the UK launch of the Fidelis Plus III, Fotona’s latest and most flexible dental laser system.
- U.S. Launch for Fotona XP MAX20 March 2006Fotona has chosen ASLMS 2006, Boston (April 5-9), as the venue to launch the newest addition to its extensive Aesthetics and Dermatology product line, the Fotona XP MAX, on the American market.
- Treating Pigmented Lesions -- a Chinese Success Story9 March 2006Unsightly pigmented lesions can occur on all skin types, however they are particularly prevalent among East Asians, who are turning to laser treatment in increasing numbers.