- Fotona launches new website in Spanish22 September 2008Fotona, in cooperation with Latin-American distribution partner, Latinmed, has launched a Spanish version of the Fotona website to provide Latin American visitors, comprehensive information on Fotona's medical laser solutions in their own language.
- Dr. Paraskevas Kakas Presents Experience as Expert Lecturer to the Laser & Health Academy11 September 2008On September 9th, 2008 Dr. Paraskevas Kakas was invited by Fotona to join the Laser and Health Academy as an Expert Lecturer. During his visit to Fotona and the Laser and Health Academy he presented his experience with Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers in plastic surgery and his views on combining both sources in procedures.
- The Most Advanced Q-Switched Technology Now Available From Fotona11 September 2008Fotona launched its latest highest single pulse energy, Q-switched laser system, the QX MAX, at the Laser Innsbruck international conference.
- Fotona Launches Next Generation Dental Laser Systems22 August 2008The 2008 WFLD Congress was the venue for the Fotona’s global launch of its latest Fidelis dental laser systems generation; the AT/HT Fidelis generation.
- Er:YAG/Nd:YAG Combination Reported to Provide Superior Results in Complicated Periodontic Cases18 June 2008At the 13th International Conference in Periodontic Research, Dr. Gokbuget et al., from the Istanbul University Faculty of Dentistry, presented their 1-year follow-up findings of a laser-supported implant case. They described the case of a 43 year-old male patient with external resorption on tooth 11, and severe bone loss on tooth 21. The treatment consisted of using the Er:YAG/Nd:YAG combination.
- 13th ICPR: Laser and Health Academy Lecturer presents findings in “The Use of Erbium Lasers in the Surgical Treatment of Periodontal Disease”18 June 2008During the 13th International Conference in Periodontal Research, Laser and Health Academy Lecturer, Dr. Gašpirc of the Department of Oral Medicine and Periodontology of the Ljubljana University’s Faculty of Medicine, presented his findings on “The Use of Erbium Lasers in the Surgical Treatment of Periodontal Disease”.
- Prof. Marini Holds Presentation Session as Invited Lecturer to the Laser and Health Academy7 April 2008Prof. Leonardo Marini, director of The Skin Doctors’ Centre in Trieste (Italy), former President of the ESLD and ESCAD, and Vice-Chairman of the EADV Task Force for Laser Dermatology, was invited by Fotona to join the Laser and Health Academy as an Invited Lecturer. On March 27th, 2008 he visited Fotona to give a series of lectures within the domain of Anti-Aging Treatment Strategies. He presented the newest trends and his view on how to achieve credible and effective anti-aging results. Emphasis was placed on combining different types of treatment modalities to guarantee maximum and credible anti-aging results. The use of lasers for ablative and non-ablative procedures is an important part of every anti-aging treatment strategy.
- Fidelis Plus III and Cerec combination lead to even greater advantages27 March 2008Recent market reports suggest that dentists are seeing greater advantages when combining new technologies in their practice. One such combination is that of Fidelis Plus III laser treatments with Cerec procedures. Leading-edge practitioners report that on their own, these technologies offer both practitioners and patients many benefits, but when combined they offer even greater advantages.
- Study compares ablation performance between Er:YAG and Er,Cr:YSGG14 March 2008A recent study, conducted by the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ljubljana, describes and proves a new, highly accurate and repeatable methodology for measuring ablated volumes in teeth. The study setup put Fotona’s Fidelis III range Er:YAG laser head to head with Biolase’s Waterlase MD’s Er,Cr:YSGG. Comparisons of the ablation performance of laser dentistry’s two leading hard tissue lasers were made and results first presented at the 2nd SOLA-India conference in Bangalore (India).
- Novel 3D-Fractional treatment presented at IMCAS11 February 2008A novel treatment modality, utilizing an operating mode unique to Fotona laser systems, was introduced at this January’s International Masters Course on Aging Skin (IMCAS) in Paris.
This treatment modality, known as FRAC3, offers the practitioner the ability to realize fully-selective skin rejuvenation via FRAC3’s unique, three-dimensional, self-induced fractional effect.